Wednesday 16 May 2012

The Hardware

Unboxing
Box full of goodies
The engine I endeavour to create should be efficient, therefore I have bought pretty much the cheapest machine I could find.
This lead me to Novatech where I bought the most basic Isys V2 which has an Intel Celeron G530 processor which is 2.4GHz, dual core and 64bit. The memory with the computer is 2 x 2GB 1333MHz DDR3. Simplez.
Since I didn't want to use a monitor, I bought a graphics card in order to connect my computer to my HD TV. The graphics card in person is a Novatech GeForce 210. The last little add on was a Novatech 300Mbps 802.11n Wireless-N PCI Adapter. This all came to a grand total of just under £300, which isn't bad. It was delivered free two days later AND to top things off, when I opened the box, they had thrown in a keyboard and mouse.

Fitting the extra components was easy. Unscrew a few screws to take the side panel off. Rip out two of those back bracket things (feel free to leave the correct terminology as a comment below). Push the cards in and screw them to the case.
Graphics card installed
Graphics card fitted to the motherboard

No comments:

Post a Comment